Manage international shipments. Owns HTS classification and works with all brokerage for three brands. Coordinates the daily shipping activities of the terminal locations for International and domestic shipments. Participate in compliance, carrier performance, and cost comparison reviews. Manages Logistic team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements including HTS classification and Tariff requirements.
- Ascertain industry/logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate Customer from the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for internal communications and presentations related to key performance metrics, program updates and on-going program information.
- Manages the supply of logistics-related data to support customers in the day-to-day general areas of engineering, supply, configuration management, technical requirements identification, installation and maintenance of equipment, safety and documentation development and maintenance. Investigates potential risk and other matters of significance, and provides and implements solutions.
- Consults with assigned clients to understand their distribution networks and determines the logistics resources required to support equipment, safety, personnel and maintenance. Negotiates with supply sources to meet technical requirements.
- Works in conjunction with various parties such as business development, field support and customer service to handle complaints and ensure support plans are in place to maintain long-term customer relationships.
- Analyzes and evaluates design concepts and integration support requirements to determine if concepts satisfy support requirements. Implements, monitors and adjusts solutions to ensure the integration of support considerations as needed.
- Analyzes technology and distribution network trends and implements changes in department as appropriate.
- Works with HR to select and hire employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Prepares and recommends operating and personnel budgets for approval. Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Responsible for the strategic and operational planning of Customer logistics operations.
- Ensure that partners understand and accept Customer guidelines and requirements for all logistics operations, including service and repair.
- Manage on-going partner relationships
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution for all logistics operations
- Serve as liaison with all internal and external partners for daily operational activities
- Track, analyze and communicate key performance metrics
- Responsible for all logistics operations and support across all distribution channels.
- Drives the design, development, implementation and management of logistics solutions for Customer.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Serve as liaison to Customer teams to develop systems solutions (requirements, user testing, etc.) to support logistics programs, including Direct Fulfillment. Partners with key cross-functional partners to solicit customer and associate feedback to identify program improvement opportunities for implementation.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Manages third party logistics partners around the world and ensures carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or Transportation.
- Develop plans or set goals to reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities.
- Implement or monitor compliance to global environmental standards including management, accounting, or audit systems.
- Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
- Responsible for managing the company’s trade compliance program including daily import/export compliance activities; audit and compliance program management; and Customs broker oversight. Act as primary contact with US and Canadian Customs agencies
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Five years of experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of international transportation law and regulations.
- Advanced PC skills including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Experience with Microsoft Access would be a plus.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Inside work with no exposure to weather conditions.