Job Req # K2109
The Apparel Fit Specialist will be responsible for directly managing all aspects of apparel and accesories fit for multiple products across multiple categories, from design hand-off to final pre-production prototype. This position requires driving and developing products to achieve defined quality standards.
Responsibilities also include, product labeling and organization for all Milestone meetings, and collaboration with PLM, Design, and Development. Monitor Timelines on all projects from design hand-off to production approval and coordinate all tasks with the category team.
- Lead fit sessions and effectively communicate fit intent and balance to vendor base, delivering high quality product in fit, styling, detail, and functionality
- Create and maintain fit blocks and standards, ensuring overall fit consistency
- Review style grading and make recommendations
- Identify potential production and quality concerns and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity, and recommend raw material components to meet brand standard and uphold design intent
- Highly experienced in patternmaking, fabric knowledge, garment construction, manufacturing processes, and ability to utilize 2D patternmaking software (Gerber Accumark).
- Ability to sew and construct garments a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of physical fit, evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body.
- Able to build collaborative, constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners as a technical resource and mentor of others.
- Partner with Designer and Developer to communicate style/size information to the vendor through use of the PLM system, providing appropriate block pattern references as needed.
- Collaborate with the Product Developer to build premium performance products (function, fit, high quality of needle and workmanship), building relationships and providing technical expertise to internal and external partners through clear and concise communication.
- Take the lead in fitting, working with fit models, to properly execute design’s product vision for fit and function.
- Achieve and maintain proper fit throughout the development process by providing the vendor with detailed, image driven fit corrections, referencing vendor patterns, and following “best practices” for pattern shape and balance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelors’ Degree in Technical/Fashion Design or equivalent expertise in related area with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Fashion and patternmaking/CAD experience required.
- Strong computer skills. Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office and Excel are required.
- Strong ability to adhere to deadlines is a must. Delivers accurate data on-time and in-full.
- Advanced knowledge of apparel fit/construction and costing. Excellent written and oral communication.
- Advanced apparel/product knowledge and ability to research and know global markets and competition is preferred.
- Must be able to present products professionally in front of large groups of people.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Responsibilities can require working evenings and weekends, with little or no advanced notice.
- Travel internationally and domestically, may be required.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to multitask through stressful situations.
- Must be able to lift product boxes up to 35lbs.
- Maintain a current passport or ability to obtain immediately upon hire is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions