Job Req # T71221
This role resides at the intersection of business and technology, providing value by delivering technology-enabled solutions to business needs. Successful candidates are strategic thinkers with a relentless drive for results. This person leads direct reports, shared resources, and external contractors in providing IS enablers while servicing the needs of a 24x7 global enterprise. This exciting role requires global partnership skills, business/technical acumen, team management & leadership, and the ability to effectively deploy solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partners with Brand business units to understand business strategies and associated IS enablers.
- Identifies platform-based solutions to improve the efficiency, profitability, or effectiveness of the entity.
- Maintains awareness and provides direction to brand business units for improved utilization of systems, technologies, and the application of Polaris IS enablers.
- Solution innovation: Identifies and envisions solutions which deliver business value and enhances shared platforms.
- Leads the creation of decision-making tools and delivery of decision-making information including BI reporting, coding/scripting/customization projects to enhance platforms.
- Navigates a matrix organization to arrive at solutions suitable for multiple stakeholders and teammates.
- Ensures and communicates how entity IS enablers are aligned with global footprints and strategies.
- Provides support and partnership for entity business development initiatives.
- Periodic travel required.
IS Department Leadership (25%)
- Serve as the entity leader for the Information Services department. Understand and represent entity needs within the scope of the global IS department. Align the entity IS team to company, department, and location goals and objectives.
- Define and contribute to an enterprise IS strategy over a multiple year planning horizon which articulates the technology portfolios, processes, and people required to deliver solutions for business needs as well as meet global IS standards.
- Partner with global IS leadership team to provide the needed services to the entity. Ensure the capabilities and capacity of the worldwide IS organization are leveraged within the entity.
- Manage & develop the entity IS team, including employees and consulting resources distributed across multiple countries. Recruit and staff IS professionals that enable entity business needs, integrate and provide support to the broader global IS organization. Drive and foster integration between the entity IS team and the global corporate IS organization.
- Accountable for identifying, selecting, and managing the performance of external IT service providers.
- Responsible for capital and expense budgets.
- Creates and provides status updates and presentations as required.
IS Operational Management (25%)
- Responsible for IS Operations services, including incidents, problem, change, and service requests. Ensures service levels are achieved. Provides escalation as required.
- Partners with global IS Operations teams to provide seamless 24x7 follow-the-sun Service Desk and Network Monitoring operations. Ensure that subsidiaries have adequate support and monitoring services.
- Drives continuous improvement to IS processes, technologies, applications, and infrastructure.
- Teams with globally distributed Information Services resources to deliver solutions suitable for a global organization.
Skills & Knowledge
- MBA or graduate degree preferred. Minimum of bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of IS management experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. English required.
- Experience within a global IS organization and proven effectiveness within a matrix organization required.
- Talent management and leading direct reports at multiple locations, providing guidance and development.
- Breadth of information services domain experience and understanding, including application development; client/device; server; database; network & telecommunications; collaboration; security.
- Proficiency with large scale project management and proven ability to implement within schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
- Experienced with implementing and supporting software packages (CAD, PLM, CRM, ERP, WMS, SCM) as well as custom software development. Experience with Netsuite ERP, Centric PLM, Highjump WMS, Shopify & SCA desirable.
- Java coding experience highly desired.
- Skilled at building and fostering relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience within powersports market desirable.
- Dynamic fast-paced team environment
- Minimal travel required 10-15%