Job Req - T8521
Supervise, coach, train and strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation operations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the transportation of POs from factory to KLIM/509/Polaris DC.
- Assist with department training.
- General backup and support for logistics team
- Point of escalation for freight forwarders, customs brokers, and trucking partners.
- Document policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Analyze and recommend logistics solutions to optimize cost, transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency efficiencies.
- Assist in 3PL distribution centers operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency.
- Negotiation of freight rates and services with carriers and vendors.
- Assists Manager to adhere to international, product, and trade compliance programs and documentation.
- Complete analysis and incorporate improvements as processes change and/or new tools are developed.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
4-5 year’s experience in logistics. Detail oriented, Creative thinker who looks forward and seeks to improve processes. Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects simultaneously. Understanding of accounting principles and financial metrics. Ability to manage multiple work streams concurrently. Ability to prioritize activities to achieve optimal results
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired or equivalent in logistics life experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers; Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Knowledge of Incoterms and general transportation terms.
- Experience using freight optimization software is preferred.
- Strong analytical understanding and capacity to perform analytical functions.
- Strong interest and understanding of ecommerce business, drop shipping, carrier management.
- Basic understanding of Supply chain management in a wholesale distribution environment.
- Basic knowledge of product and trade compliance and the selection of tariff classifications.
- Experience leading people or desire to do so in the future preferred
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.