At KLIM we create the most technically advanced products in the world. By listening to our core customers needs, utilizing unmatched innovation and service, leading with superior product knowledge, and constantly striving with excellence, our team delivers uncompromising quality. KLIM continually pushes, with unwavering commitment, to enhance your experience under the most demanding conditions. Trust Klim.
The Apparel Designer works closely with the Tech Design and Product Line Management teams to bring cutting edge products to market. Under the guidance of the Design Director, style, material, and color stories are generated to meet seasonal needs and company goals. Gaining customer feedback and understanding the sport are essential for success as well as collaborating with merchandising, sales and marketing.
In addition to designing base layers, mid layers, and technical outerwear for the assigned product category, you will also be responsible for managing carry-overs and new seasonal colorways.
- Administers a pro-active role through entire product design process: research, design concept presentation, illustrations, fit and fabric/trim/print direction, development of specification pack, critique of sales samples.
- Understand the customer of assigned collections and seek customer feedback throughout the process.
- Capacity to imagine, capture and express a brand’s ethos through unique product concepts, design and styling.
- Drive value-engineering through design process: consolidation of fabrics, zippers, trims, etc.
- Follow and design to the product brief to design product that is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy.
- Work with Design Director to develop seasonal color stories and inspiration boards.
- Work with Materials Manager to select innovative and commercial fabrications to achieve desired functional results.
- Work with the Technical Design Team to insure designs hits specific target FOB. Supply accurate/complete Design Packs and work with the Technical Design team to ensure tech packs are kept up to date, accurate and complete.
- Generate and maintain tech packs.
- Review strike offs and samples and make recommendations for corrections.
- Assists with fit sessions in office and in factory and work with Tech Designer to deliver the garment fit as briefed by the Product Line Manager.
- Travel as necessary to facilitate the development and sampling process.
- Successfully performs these and other duties as assigned.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- BA in Apparel Design or related field of study preferred.
- +3 years of professional experience in apparel.
- Strong eye for color.
- Experience with Adobe Suite.
- Strong illustration skills- possess the ability of communicating a concept thru sketching free hand as well as on the computer.
- Ability to work with multiple personalities in a diverse, fast paced environment to create a team atmosphere.
- Ability to manage time professionally and execute ideas from initial concept to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of the actions sports and athletic apparel industry.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills